Thursday, January 13

TOM HANKS SUPPORTS HIS SON'S MUSIC CAREER

Move over Willow Smith. Chet Haze, son of Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, is the next celebrity spawn vying for a music career. In a short interview with The Washington Post's Celebritology, Chester Hanks took time away from his studies at Northwestern University to speak briefly about being a famous kid on campus and how his parents support his music.
"They do know about it, and they share my excitement," Chet says. "And they're also very supportive, which is something I appreciate. It goes without saying that the support of my parents is something that I will never take for granted and I am very thankful for."
Chet understands how odd his story may seem, but emphasized that he is pursuing hip-hop seriously -- and that his Oscar-winning dad is open to it.
"You know, he keeps an open mind," Chet says. "I've spent a lot of time trying to show him a lot of the music that inspires me. And he does keep an open mind."
While Chet doesn't have a record deal yet, he has been heading into the studio with a group of supportive friends. He also laments that his famous lineage sometimes leads others to treat him differently.
"I've never tried to hide from myself or who my family is. It's something that I'm proud of," Chet says. "In the past, it has attracted attention to me both negative and positive but in the end, it all evens out. At the end of the day, I'm still my own person and have my own goals and aspirations in life. And that's what counts." 



SOURCE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think!

Musical Oasis Official Facebook Page

Most Viewed Posts ~