Tuesday, May 3

KATY PERRY SAYS - THE PRESS IS NOT YOUR FRIEND WHEN YOU'RE MARRIED


(Celebuzz) - Katy Perry covers the June issue of Vanity Fair  where she talks about growing up in a very religious family (“I didn’t have a childhood,” Perry says) and husband Russell Brand.
“The press is just not your friend when it comes to a marriage,” Katy explains of trying to keep her relationship private.
Considering Perry is in the middle of suing an Australian tabloid for falsely printing a story of her infidelity, we think we understand where the singer is coming from.
“That’s why we didn’t sell the pictures of our wedding, and we got offered millions of dollars for them, millions.”
But why not give the money to charity like many celebs do? Katy explains:
“Well, I can always do that later for something else; maybe if I have a child…But I’ve seen too much of it with other people—it’s the wrong kind of attention. It detracts from the reason why you exist. We wanted that moment to ourselves.”
As for why she decided to give fans a snippet of pictures from her wedding ceremony in India at this year’s Grammy Award’s, Katy says the moment felt right and because it was “Valentine’s Eve!”
Katy Perry also gives her funnyman husband credit for opening her up to new ideas and experiences.
“I think sometimes when children grow up, their parents grow up,” Perry says of her evangelical-minister parents. “Mine grew up with me. We coexist. I don’t try to change them anymore, and I don’t think they try to change me. We agree to disagree. They’re excited about [my success].”
Get more from Katy- like how she really felt when Russell tweeted a picture of her with no make up- over at Vanity Fair.
Katy's cover will be on shelves May 5th.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think!

Musical Oasis Official Facebook Page

Most Viewed Posts ~