Sunday, March 6

NEW JILL SCOTT ALBUM COMING!

After settling a turbulent and drawn out legal suit with her former record label Hidden Beach, R&B/Soul Songstress has signed a new record deal with Warner Brothers Records. 

In the suit, Hidden Beach Records wanted unspecified damages for the money lost when Scott allegedly failed to fulfill her release obligations but Scott countersued, claiming Hidden Beach broke promises made to her. 

Now with the smoke cleared and Scott has a new home, according to Billboard, the “Cross My Mind” hitmaker is in the studio working on her sixth studio album, "The Light of the Sun," slated for an early summer release. 

“I’ve always looked to empower my fans through my message of love, independence and strength,” comments Jill. “ A lot has gone on in my life since my last album, so I’m extremely excited to share the new music with all of the people that have supported me these past ten plus years. This album is very revealing, and I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”

No more details are available for the new effort, which is the follow-up to 2007’s ‘The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3.’ 

Scott will perform at the upcoming Essence Music Festival.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think!

Musical Oasis Official Facebook Page

Most Viewed Posts ~