Thursday, January 6

ARETHA FRANKLIN HEALTH ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!


Aretha Franklin has granted another brief interview about her unspecified illness that required surgery last month, telling JET magazine that the health problem, while still undisclosed, "has been resolved."

"I am not one to do a lot of talking about my personal health or business," says the 68-year-old singer, who won't confirm rumors that she was treated for pancreatic cancer. "I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors. The problem has been resolved."

Franklin says that she felt "a very hard pain in my side" during a concert in Toronto last year, and that she believed that the pain had resulted from a recent colonoscopy. "I got up at 2 o'clock in the morning and called the doctor who did the colonoscopy and told him what was happening," she says. "He said, 'Miss Franklin, whatever it is, it is not from the colonoscopy. You need to come home and have a CAT-scan.' Thank God he said that because that unfolded everything, what the problem was and everything."

Franklin underwent surgery at a Detroit hospital in early December and was discharged on Dec. 15. The singer canceled all of her concerts through spring 2011 and was told to rest at home for eight weeks following the surgery.

The famously private Franklin told JET that she wanted to use the most recent interview to update her fans and express her gratitude for their support. "I know my fans are concerned," she says. "Let them know I am feeling great and coming along."   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think!

Musical Oasis Official Facebook Page

Most Viewed Posts ~